I go through dilemmas in life – CONSTANTLY! I’d like to think I don’t live in a lonely world out here. Now these dilemmas – they are the boon and bane of my existence. People who can relate to constantly ‘battling within themselves’ will understand the signficance of this statement …
Some of these are easily addressed:
- What do I eat? Should I binge today?
- What colour do I wear today?
- Should I hit the gym today?
- Should I punch the goddamned specimens who make my life miserable?
- Should I yell at the bus driver who hits the brake constantly making it impossible for me to read without feeling a bit queasy?
Others are sort of rhetoric and fall in the ‘not so easy’ category:
- Should I be myself or should I conform?
- Should I say it as it is or bite my tongue?
- Should I prioritise 9 to 5 and sustenance over dreams and ideals?
- Should I ‘feel’ and be passionate or be ‘controlled’ and mainstream?
- Should I believe people when they tell me life starts at 40?
- Should I believe in the cycle of karma?
- Am I cut out for a life of hedonistic pleasures or spirituality?
- Should I believe that good living = good health or indulge as I am going to kick the bucket anyway?
- Should I act like an adult when I’d prefer not to?
- Should I start an ashram for restless souls like me or persist with mundane chores normally reserved for those my age?
And so they go … some are valid, some border on bizarre (and I’ve spared you the bizarre) but as I always say, I am only human!!